eHarmony vs OkCupid is a fascinating comparison. Both new and more experienced online dating users might have a challenge deciding between the two sites. However, this unbiased and comprehensive guide will make it easier for you to decide between the two.
eHarmony is probably one of the most extensive and most in-depth dating services available today. The site’s matching algorithm is so far-reaching that it is accurate to state that the dating service has revolutionized online dating.
The service itself boasts of being the only online dating platform that uses relationship science to develop compatibility matching and marriage-oriented profiles. eHarmony’s services are ideal for single heterosexuals looking to get into serious relationships.
On the other hand, OkCupid is a free online dating service that works best for individuals seeking new connections, friends and get a quick hookup. There are also a few users seeking serious long-term relationships.
The dating service has its own matching algorithm that it uses to pair you with your perfect match. However, the matching system is not as thorough as that on eHarmony. Please read through this guide entirely to get an accurate picture.
How to Choose a Better One?
For you to choose the best online dating platform, there are factors you must consider. This section of the guide will discover the top aspects you ought to consider when selecting a dating site. They are:
- What are you looking for? Before joining any online dating platform, it will be best to decide the kind of relationship you are looking for. For example, if you are interested in a serious life partner, it is best to go for a dating site whose members have similar objectives. In this regard, if you join a site like eHarmony looking for a no-strings-attached sexual encounter, you can not be successful.
- How popular is the site in your area? It would be best if you also found out how popular a dating site is in your locality. Read expert reviews to find out how many users on the website come from your location. If you join a popular dating site in your area, it will be easier for you to meet with your match.
- What is the site’s reputation? Some dating sites have a bad reputation. When you read reviews by users and experts, you will find many complaints of fake profiles and scammers taking advantage of users on the site. Therefore, you need to go for a site that has an exceptional reputation in the industry.
- How friendly is the site’s interface? Before joining an online dating service, find out if you can easily interact with its interface. For example, find out if you can easily navigate from one section of the site to the other. You should also check if the site is available in a language you understand.
- Does the dating site have any testimonials? It will help if you take your time to find out if there are any success stories of former site users who found what they were looking for. If you are interested in a life partner, find out how many marriages the platform has helped to establish. Go for a site that has real stories of people who successfully used the dating platform.
eHarmony vs OkCupid: What About Price Comparison?
eHarmony allows users to enjoy services for free, albeit with limited access. The services you can use for free include next:
- New account registration and creating profiles.
- Sending winks to users who catch your attention.
- Check out other users’ profiles.
- Send five questions (generated by the site).
- Add other members as your favorites.
- Browse matches not in your preferences.
However, you can unlock more features if you upgrade to a premium user account. The services you will unlock are:
- Viewing other users’ photos.
- You can see members who added you as their favorite.
- You will know who visited your profile.
- You can use the messaging feature without restrictions.
- You can browse the site incognito.
- The site offers matches outside your preferences.
To enjoy the premium services, choose from any of the following plans.
eHarmony: Price Plans
|6 Months (Light)
|1 Year (Plus)
|2 Years (Extra)
OkCupid also works similarly. You can access some OkCupid services for free and access more when you upgrade your account. The free services are:
- Signing up and profile creation.
- Sending messages to other users.
- Searching matches.
- Keeping track of users you like.
- Using basic search filters.
- Browse other members’ profiles.
- Take part in Double Take.
Premium services include next:
- You can see users that like you.
- You will know when other users read your messages.
- Premium members are not interrupted by any adverts.
- They can also use advanced search filters.
- Access to daily auto boost.
- You will access message priority.
OkCupid: Price Plans
A-List Basic Subscription
A-List Premium Subscription
When you look at the two, it is evident that eHarmony gives its users better value for money than OkCupid. Therefore, when you do an OkCupid vs eHarmony comparison in matters of prices, eHarmony comes out on top.
eHarmony vs OkCupid: Who Can Join?
As mentioned earlier, it is best to analyze the demographics of a dating site’s users before you join. In this section, you will discover which dating service between eHarmony vs.OkCupid. Below is a detailed analysis of the demographics of the two dating services.
- Age of users: Most of the members of eHarmony are aged between 25 and 44 years. Nevertheless, the other age groups are also represented, albeit with minimal numbers. On the other hand, the age distribution on OkCupid is interesting. The majority of males on the site are aged between 34 and 54 years, while most female members are aged between 25 and 44 years.
- Gender: eHarmony has slightly more male than female members. According to numbers from the site, 53% of the members are male while the rest are female. On OkCupid, the male members are more than that of females too. On the site, 65% of the members are men, while 35% are female.
- Types of dates: when you browse through the user profiles on eHarmony, you will find that the biggest part of the users on the website is interested in serious relationships. When you look at the OkCupid user base, most users are interested in different kinds of short-time relationships.
- Popularity: eHarmony is the more popular dating site between the two. According to numbers from the site, it has up to 66 million users spread across more than 200 countries around the world. On the other hand, OkCupid has around 50 million members from different areas worldwide.
Who can join eHarmony and OkCupid?
If you are a single person aged between 25 and 44 years, you stand a high chance of finding a marriage partner on eHarmony. However, if you are looking for fun, friendship, and short-term relationships, OkCupid is your ideal site.
eHarmony does not have any “new” features. However, it has all the basic and essential features to facilitate user communication. It uses features common in dating sites to serve its members. Here are some of the essential features on the site:
- Send a smile – each profile photo has a small smiley icon. Click this symbol to send a smile to a user you like. It offers a great way to initiate communication.
- Send Questions – the site provides questions you can send to other users to start a chat or keep one going. This feature is available for free, and the service does not limit the number of questions you can send in a day.
- Add to Favorites – eHarmony provides a star icon on each user’s profile page. Click on this star to add that user to your list of favorite members. You can use this feature to refine your list of matches to only those you like.
- What If? – this is a premium feature that the site uses to offer its members matches outside their preference list. This ensures you get more options as you look for your partner.
- Video Date – this functionality allows matches on eHarmony to meet via video. It offers an excellent way for you to get to know your match before meeting them face to face.
The OkCupid dating service has several unique features that give users a better dating experience. Here are features:
- Double Take – this is OkCupid’s matching feature, a roulette-type matching that requires people to swipe left to cancel a potential match or swipe right if they are interested.
- See Who You Like – this list allows you to keep track of the members you like. The site will enable you to send messages freely to members you want.
- Boost – this is an add-on feature that OkCupid uses to highlight user profiles. If your profile is boosted, it will appear more frequently on other users’ Double Take suggestions and searches.
- OkCupid Blog- the site also has a blog that provides users with tips on using the OkCupid app and dating service. The blog also contains articles with helpful dating tips and advice.
- Stacks – because OkCupid is a massive dating platform, users might be overwhelmed by the number of matches they get. As a result, the stacks feature helps you to categorize the matches. You can stack them using options such as Question Pros, Recommended, Online, and Nearby.
And the Winner Is: eHarmony
eHarmony vs OkCupid comparison is a tough one because both sites offer their members competitive services. This guide has established that eHarmony is best for long-term relationships only, while OkCupid can be used to access different relationships.
Moreover, the guide has also elaborated on how users can choose a suitable dating site for their needs. With the simple guideline shared here, it will be effortless for you to choose your best online dating platform.
Finally, the premium plans are reasonably priced, and users get value for their money. Therefore, if you are looking for a life-long relationship partner, create your eHarmony account today to get started. Also, if you were wondering which one between eHarmony vs OkCupid is better, you now have your answer.